Hi Anonymous, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.
NEA's guidelines for vending machines are as follows:
1. The vending machines shall not be sited under any sanitary/ waste/ drain pipes.
2. The vending machine should be located at such that the space around and under the machine can be easily cleaned where other activities conducted in the vicinity will offer no risk of contamination to the food products i.e. not placed adjacent/opposite bin centres.
3. The location of the vending machines shall ensure no vectors or rodent harborages are being created.
4. Immediate area of the location of each machine shall be well lit.
5. The licensee shall notify NEA of all locations where the vending machines are placed.
You may refer to the full requirements here: https://www.nea.gov.sg/docs/default-source/our-services/vending-machine-licensing-requirments.pdf
Hope this answers your question.