Last Modified: 17 October 2013
PropertyGuru Pte Ltd ("we" or "us") is the operator of http://www.commercialguru.com.sg/ (the "Website"), and we are committed to safeguarding your personal data.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1.1 You can use and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data. You are not required to provide personal data as a condition of using the Website, except as may be necessary to respond to your requests or in cases where you contact us directly.
1.2 We collect personal data only when you provide it to us, through registration, completion of forms, emails, inquiries and requests and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us. Thus we may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you provide when carrying out transactions with us on or in relation to the Website, including information relating to any purchases that you make on the Website;
• information that you provide when you register an account with us on the Website;
• information that you provide when contacting us to resolve any issues that you may be facing;
• information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the services that we are providing on the Website, email notifications, and/or newsletters; and
• details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, and the resources that you access.
2. PURPOSES OF USE
2.1 All information collected, including personal information, may be used by us in the aggregate or individually and may be combined with other information for purposes including but not limited to the following:
• administering the Website;
• improving your browsing experience by personalising the Website;
• enabling your use of the services available on the Website;
• providing to you services that you have specifically requested;
• responding to your enquiries or requests pursuant to your emails and/or submission of form(s) on the Website;
• responding to and taking follow-up action on complaints;
• sending you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
• performing office and operational administrative matters; and
• providing third parties with statistical information about our users - but such information will not be used to identify any individual user.
2.2 We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal data to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
3.1 We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
3.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
3.3 You however understand that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
3.4 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will NEVER ask you for your password other than when you log in to the Website
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1 We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our affiliates and subsidiaries. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties such as our service providers and professional advisors.
4.2 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to:
• comply with any legal obligation;
• to enforce or apply our Terms of Service http://www.commercialguru.com.sg/customer-service/cg-terms and other agreements;
• protect the rights, property, or safety of us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, other users of the Website, or others;
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
• to the purchaser, or prospective purchaser of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating, selling.
5. IP ADDRESSES
5.1 When you use the Website, we may collect and store information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
8.1 The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and vendors. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
9.1 Our privacy officer is responsible for ensuring that requests for access to information and amendment of information are properly dealt with in accordance with the procedures specified herein.
9.2 All requests for information or requests for the amendment of information held by us shall be made by completing our standard Request for Information/Amendment of Information form (PDF available here http://www.commercialguru.com.sg/customer-service/privacy/request-form), and sending a copy of the duly completed form to us via post or fax at:
PropertyGuru Pte Ltd
111 Somerset Road
#08-20 to 28
Attention: Privacy Officer
Fax Number: (+65) 6534 9544
9.4 We may refuse to disclose or amend any information for the reasons set out in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
9.5 As far as reasonably possible, we will respond to your request within ten (10) working days from the date of receipt of the request. If that is not possible, you will be so notified within ten (10) working days from the date of receipt of the request.
9.6 The following charges will be imposed on each submission of the request for information and request for amendment:
• Request for information: S$10 (including GST)
• Request for amendment of personal information: S$20 (including GST)
9.7 The above charges may be subject to revision by us from time to time.
9.8 The applicable charge shall be paid by way of cheque made out to PropertyGuru Pte Ltd, at the time of submission of the request. Please note that we will not accept and act on requests that are not accompanied with payment of the applicable charge(s).
10.1 We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal information by you to other users of the Website.
11. CONTACT US
11.1 Should you require further information about the treatment of your personal information by us, please do not hesitate to contact our privacy officer at: