2 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

According to URA Planning guidelines, F&B falls under Class 3 - Restaurant.

A property agent is required to know URA's planning guidelines.

It is wise for you to find out the approved use of the premises first, and check if you have to apply for change of use approval. It is also important that you apply for approval for the proposed use, before buying or renting a property.

You can use URA's online development register to download the Grant of Written Permission, if the premises has been granted approval for a specific use here: https://www.ura.gov.sg/maps/?service=devtreg

Downloading of the decision is free.

However, planning decisions given before the year 2000 may not be available online. For such cases, you should make an enquiry with URA. There is a search fee of $53.50 (inclusive of GST).

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru Read More


Mark Ng S W
Hi Do contact me at 97970200 to discuss more

Mark, your RIGHT choice
Propnex Read More