3 Answers

askguru expert
i there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

1. Yes, you do need to pay an agent his/her commission.

2. The Civil Law Act (Cap. 43) allows those from the age of 18-years-old to hold sign a contract for leases for up to 3 years.

3. You can ask for a receipt. However, the usual practice is to deposit the money to the landlord. The bank statement can be printed out as proof as payment.

4. Yes, you can ask for the property ownership information via My HDBPage or INLIS.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru Read More


Silvia Chua

1 Agency fee depending on how you conducted the transaction. on your own?
2. Tenure of lease - mostly 2-3 years to make your setup more cost effective
3. The TA or the signed off letter of intent is proof of acceptance of the goodfaith deposit.
4. ownership proof - of course.

You should have an agent if you are not familiar with the processes
Text me if you have further question at 97508318

Silvia Chua
ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd
silviac@singnet.com.sg Read More


Mark Ng S W
Hi Do contact me at 97970200 to understand more and discuss

Mark, your RIGHT choice
Propnex Read More